What we believe
1) God is pure and perfect.
(God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 1 John 1:5)
2) We are not.
(for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God Romans 3:23)
3) This is by far the biggest problem facing humanity.
(For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23)
4) Even though we are sinners, God still loves us.
(but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8)
5) Jesus died on the cross to take the punishment we deserve.
(He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. 1 Peter 2:24)
6) Jesus was raised to life again.
(For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for ous sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures 1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
7) Whoever does not believe in Jesus continues to be condemned.
(Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. John 3:18)
8) Whoever does believe in Jesus (confessing their sins, trusting in the work of Jesus, and making him the ruler of their life) is given eternal life.
(For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him sould not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16)
9) If we believe in Jesus, we are at peace with God and totally forgiven.
(There is therefore now condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus Romans 8:1)
10) It is normal for the Christian life to be hard
(If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you John 15:19)
11) Nothing can separate us from the love of God in Jesus.
(For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to seperate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39)
12) Every Christian has the assurance of eternal life in a place more glorious than we can understand.
(For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. Romans 8:18)
For more details about our doctrinal beliefs click here (FIEC Website)
Brookdale Learns Latin
A while ago during the morning services, we learnt some latin phrases, not to be clever and show off, but to help us learn some good gospel truths. Below are the phrases we have learnt.
Sola Scriptura - By Scripture Alone
Sola Gratia - By Grace Alone
Solus Christus - Through Christ Alone
Sola Fide - By Faith Alone
Soli Deo Gloria - Glory to God Alone
Click to visit Christianity Explored
_Christianity Explored is a course we run at Brookdale Church which explores the Christian faith, giving you the chance to ask any question and discover what being a Christian really is. Contact us to find out when our next course starts, and in the meantime, have a look at the Christianity Explored website.